My parents were in New York and everyone wanted something extra special for a snack. We had a box of brownies in the pantry, but I wanted something more than “just brownies”, so the idea came into my mind…. S’more Brownies!!!!!
With a graham cracker crust, warm chocolate brownie middle, and marshmallows toasted to perfection, the perfect dessert was created.
To make these scrumptious brownies:
1) Smash up 1 pack of graham crackers into fine crumbs
2) Melt 1 stick of butter in microwave.
3) Slowly add melted butter until the crumbs reach desired consistency
4) Add the graham crumbs to a sprayed 8 1/2×11 inch pan and bake at 350 for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly firm, but not crispy.
5) Make the brownies according my “from scratch” recipe below while the crust cools. (or if you’re short on time, prepare brownies from a box).
6) Add the brownie batter on to the crumbs, place in oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until done.
7) Remove the brownies from the oven and set oven to Broil.
8) Add marshmallows on the top of your brownies and pop in the marshmallow covered brownies for 5 minutes on broil, but keep your eye on them so they don’t burn!
And there you go, my family’s favorite brownie recipe! 🙂
1 bag of graham crackers
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup of oil
1 a cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2/3 cup of coca powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of flour
1 bag of marshmallows
Hailey, sweets chef extraordinaire